Wednesday, December 3, 2014

a little update on the newlyweds.

I use my blog as a journal and since getting married I promised myself I would be better at keeping the little memories that i know one day I will want to read over again. 

Marriage is quite something. It's hard but it's so wonderful. You learn you do things a little weird and your spouse definitely does things a little weird. Learning about those odd things though can be so entertaining. 

Zach and I have now been married for a whole two months plus a few days. I feel like when I say that out loud it doesn't seem that long but it's felt like a lot longer. In a very good way. Anyways here are somethings we have encountered within the last few months and memories I want to always remember.

- I oddly like to pick scabs. Don't judge. I know it's so gross. Zach, however likes to go mountain biking and always comes home with a new scratch or two. A few days later we will be snuggling while watching our favorite show (details to come) and I will feel the scab and i just have to pick it. It usually turns into a wrestling match which I lose. Gross right? Hilarious all the same.

- If I don't put Zach's clean cloths in the drawer they won't ever get there. They will end up on the dresser or desk or floor or back in the dirty cloths. So we've decided I'll put away the laundry so it's a win win. 

- Changing your last name is like trying to get out of North Korea. Plus we lost our marriage license already. Winning.

-Suits. No not the clothing. The TV show. Have you watched it? No? Do it. Right now. We are slightly obsessed. When we returned from our little CA get away (details to come) we came home to HOURS of homework. We decided we just needed one episode before we started the homework. Then we decided we could do our homework and watch another episode. It turned into a lot more then just 2 episodes and needless to say we were both up past midnight trying to get the homework done. whoops. But that's living right?

- One of my favorite things about Zach is that he can be so goofy. We will be getting ready to leave and he will grab me and start dancing in our little living space. Sometimes it will be crazy country dancing and sometimes its just slow but he always has a song that he will sing as we wiz around. 

- We recently took a little trip to California and I was so excited because Zachary has never, I repeat never, been in the ocean! When we pulled up to a beach by the pebble beach golf coarse and the sun was shining and there was no wind and it was PERFECT weather i squealed with excitement! The most perfect day! So Zach and I grabbed hands and raced into the ocean. It was awesome. We then went to Santa Cruz and did the board walk and ate good food. We spent the next day tandem biking to the golden gate bridge, eating Thanksgiving at the Hard Rock Cafe, having our minds blown by the amazing Circ Du Soliel, and driving to Santa Rosa. The next morning we explored where my dad spend most of his life. We were able to visit his friend, Bob, who owns a surf shack at Bodega Bay, walk through the house he lived in growing up, going through his high school, meeting more friends, and ending the night with treats and some good ol' BS. We played BS every night of the trip. Zach took the cake for the most wins by the end of the trip. Saturday we went shopping at Union Square. There were still a lot of black Friday deals so that was nice. My feet weren't too happy with me by the end of the day but I still enjoyed shopping at my favorite places. Later that night we found a great burger joint in Oakland and then ended the night and the trip with visit the temple. It was great. I loved spending time with my family and creating more inside jokes. We all have a lot of fun together.

- Since getting home school as hit real hard. Finals are coming up here right around the corner and it's stressful. Plus i decided i didn't (and couldn't really knowing myself) do 17 to 18 credits a semester in manufacturing engineering. My dreams of graduating by 2016 were a little crushed but as soon as I allowed myself to create a better schedule that really only added a semester and a half I have felt so much better. Zach is so good at being a supportive husband. Every time I am so worried about school he lets me cry and talk and still makes me feel like I can get through this crazy thing they call college. 

- Christmas is coming up and i am so excited! I LOVE this time of year! I wish it would snow already so that as I'm listening to my Christmas music I really feel like it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. 

- we are learning. more and more everyday. sometimes it's hard but the hard parts make the good ones even more worth it. Tiff one of my dearest friends who got me through my senior year of high school and has taught me so much about life recently said, "Getting married is strange because you just up and leave the life you've always known. Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's hard. I like to say that I'm learning how to newlywed & I'm really glad that Quinn and I can be so patient with each other." When I read this I thought it was perfect. I still do! Marriage is a weird thing. But it's the best thing. 

I often think to myself: how lucky are you to be in love with the best guy around?

Sometimes life is just so good and I think it's the little things that made it that way.

Here are some good ol' iPhone pictures from the trip.














1 comment: