Thursday, August 28, 2014

life update: wedding planning

the number one question I get these days is: "Soo... how's the wedding planning going?"
 
so I thought I would do a little update on my life. which the only thing my life is right now is wedding planning. and to provide (mostly for myself) comedic relief and entertainment. here it goes folks.
 
wedding planning is a lot of what I thought it would be and a whole lot more of what I totally wasn't expecting. let's make a list.
 
1. Addresses. first off, next time you leave someone your address make sure you put the zip code with it. I think I have now memorized Utah's zip codes.
 
2. setting up a facebook page really is awesome. probably not for the people on the page because then they get a million notifications of people they really don't know at all commenting on the page and facebook thinks they would like to know.
 
3. registering is the best part. I'm serious. it's like Christmas! however I never thought you would need so many little things! I have decided I am going to start a new product. it's called the "I'm new at this thing" box. You get fantastic pots, pans, knifes, plates, cups, silverware, measuring cups and spoons, can opener, well you get the idea. just one big box! plus they will all color coordinate because I guess that's important these days.
 
4. avoid taking your engagement pictures while you are moving. it is possible but it really is quite an adventure. my mom and I share a lot of clothing and she was all packed up. I made sure the whole moving crew of friends and family knew that my room was 100 percent off limits until I said so. it was probably my biggest bridezilla moment so far. I packed my whole room and moved in one day. (okay maybe a day and a half). thank you to Kaeli Levin for making that possible. but still. yikes.
 
5. for some reason once there is a ring on your finger people will say to you, "oh my gosh you look so great!" "wow you look so tiny!" "you must be working really hard to make sure you stay this tiny" I guess I have been small all my life and am used to these comments but I'm telling you the ring does something. I usually just smile and say "oh my thank you! I'm telling you, that Taco Amigo diet I am on works wonders! you should try it."
 
6. wedding cakes. there is so much I could say. WHY?! why is it a thing? why do people like cakes? I could find a great outfit for the money that is spent on that. priorities people....
 
don't worry I ordered a cake.
 
7. pinterest. a best friend and an enemy all at the same time. their "wedding planning" time line? a joke. this is not Disney land. it is crunch time! to the people that come up with these decoration ideas, I want to meet you. how did you think of so many awesome thing?! and lastly never under estimate a "bride to be work out". let me enlighten you. I decided I need to do some form of exercise beside walking up and down some stairs so I found a workout on pinterest that said something like "the best bride to be work out in only 15 minutes" I thought it sounded easy enough. I guess I could wake up 15 minutes earlier and it couldn't be that challenging. well during the lovely work out I worked up quite a sweat. 200 jumping jacks really gets tiring. the next morning I rolled over and just started laughing. I could hardly move. those "this will really get that butt into shape" truly worked. I had to crawl up the stairs. haha. pinterest for the win right?
 
8. ties. are. the. worst. seriously. we don't want to pay a crap load of money but we also don't want them to look like crap. it's an issue that I'm still trying to figure out.
 
9. birth control (tmi? skip to 10) i now cry on a dime. someone getting voted of SYTYCD might has well have just been shot. watching the intros by family members on America's Got Talent, one of those touching videos on facebook, etc. i become a mess! and i just think to myself "alright JanaLe pull yourself together!" but i have no control. it is unbelievable. i better wear some waterproof mascara on the day of my wedding because i already tear up with happy tears thinking of it.
 
10. I'm extremely and i mean extremely grateful I didn't have to try and find a venue. they charge you basically your college fund and your future childrens college fund. thankfully i get to do my reception in my parents new beautiful backyard. pray for good weather. I'm thinking august has been so terrible because September is going to just be gorgeous! we are thinking positive people.
 
11. my bridesmaids are GOLDEN PEOPLE. seriously. i gave them all an assignment (another bridezilla moment?) and they have just been sweet angels to help and do everything i need! some people say you don't really need them but i have been so so grateful for mine. you girls rock.
 
12. the little things. thank heavens i have the most amazing mom ever. yesterday we tried to get a lot of things done and she kept bringing up more and more that i hadn't even thought about! she looked at me and said, "do you want to elope yet?" and trust me it is tempting. but with all that we have planned so far i guess we will just stick with that ;)
 
13. I'm glad Zach doesn't think I'm just absolutely nuts by now. at least I'm hoping that's the case. he just started school this last week and his classes are crazy. the kid spends all day at school! last night he was doing homework while i was putting our addresses in an excel sheet (trust me I wouldn't be that organized but they are printing the addresses for us. bless the heavens) and after a good hour and a half we both looked at each other and Zach said "prison break?" i was all about it. it's our current series that we watch and love. so to all you future brides, remember it's okay to step back and do something else for a while.
 
well i guess i'll stop there. i better get back to my wedding notebook. its probably feeling abandoned since i haven't really looked at it in the past few hours. (you should see this notebook. receipts, sticky notes, check lists, advice, dates to remember, etc. etc.) in all seriousness i can't wait to get married. i really am so excited and wedding planning hasn't been too terrible :)
 
to all the soon to be brides, eat that burger and make sure you get some good fries to go with it. it makes a difference. i recommend Taco Amigo :)
 
 
that's right. i get to marry that guy.
 
thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you are the cutest. Love that E-card! And your engagements...perfection!

    ReplyDelete