Sunday, April 7, 2013

i'm grateful for the life i live.

i love this time of year! clogging competitions, general conference, weather getting warmer (sometimes), left over cadberry mini eggs, and so many great things. not to mention school is almost over which is what rocks the most. now if i can't just get through finals i will be one happy lady.

and now that march is gone here was my top three favorite things that happened:

 3: got better test scores (thank the heavens)
2: went to the jazz game for han's birthday
1: took overall with my duet in st george!

it was a wonderful month. and now looking back on it i can hardly remember what i did it flew by so fast.

anyways. i loved conference. it was great as always. jeffrey r holland is still my favorite speaker probably ever. i love the power in his voice when he talks. its inspiring really. i've tried to listen to conference talks when driving in my car and being better about reading my scriptures and its had an incredible impact on my life.

let me share a few gems i have found:

3 Nephi 27: 28-- And now I go unto the Father. And verily I say unto you, whatsoever things ye shall ask the Father in my name shall be given unto you.

3 Nephi 18:20-- And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.

3 Nephi 13: 21-- For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

all of these are about believe and receiving and for some reason lately that has really hit home for me. as i was listening to one of elder hollands talk that he gave called: broken think to mend. if you haven't heard of that talk i highly recommend it. it's a good one. but he brings up the scripture of "be not afraid only believe" and i just happened to listen to this talk before a clogging competition and i had it in my heart the whole time. since then it's become my life motto and saying that has become very special to me. even when elder holland said it in his talk today i got tears in my eyes. it's always the exact words i need to hear. how cool that there is a church that bring so much joy and comfort!

i've realized recently that i enjoy life much more when i do what i love but with the goal of sharing the light of the gospel in the things i do. now i am far from perfect and i make mistakes but life is good. oh so good. how can it not be with the family and friends i have?

i would also like to thank everyone for the support with miss orem! i have the greatest support system ever. and i'm very grateful.

so here are some pictures for you. the sunset is one i took in jamaica. by far the prettiest sunsets i have ever seen. and the second is an idea i stole for a blog i can't remember (sorry!) but i loved the idea. anyways. enjoy your sunday everybody! may you all get through the spring so we can enjoy the wonderful summer! thanks for reading!







much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment